Venice masks

Sunday 15 December 2013

What, no reindeer? - Bruce Levitan

Some traditions are hard to break,
like the April fool and the birthday cake.
But, hey, this Christmas as I lay awake
One thing seemed a huge mistake:

No reindeer passing did I espy
But kitty-cats flying through the sky!
Oh, dear Santa; dear Santa why
must Dancer and Prancer and Vixen die?

"Oh no" came the happy, resounding response--
"it's just that my kitty-cats wanted the chance
to fly like reindeer just this once,
and so I granted their wish the nonce".

Bruce Levitan (born 1955) England (born Kenya)
a silly poem, but I have a soft spot for cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.