Venice masks

Thursday 7 February 2013

change - Lynn Paden

i know nothing
about my future

i know i can’t
look with certainty
at anything
anymore

everything changes
everything moves

nothing stays the same

all i can do
all i can hope
all i can be

is me

even if life leads me
down
unfamiliar roads

even if
what i chose to do
hurts
before it helps

even if all i can
count on
is the colours
that darken and lighten
before my eyes

just before
the dawn

maybe the sun
will bring me
what i need

to carry on

(look)

Lynn Paden (20th centruy) USA
View more of Lynn's poems here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.