Venice masks

Saturday 9 February 2013

The Ninth Secret Poem - Guillaume Apollinaire

I worship your fleece which is the perfect triangle
Of the Goddess

I am the lumberjack of the only virgin forest
O my Eldorado

I am the only fish in your voluptuous ocean
You my lovely Siren

I am the climber on your snowy mountains
O my whitest Alp

I am the heavenly archer at your beautiful mouth
O my darling quiver

I am the hauler of your midnight hair
O lovely ship on the canal of my kisses

And the lilies of your arms are beckoning me
O my summer garden

The fruits of your breast are ripening their honey for me
O my sweet-smelling orchard

And I am raising you O Madeleine O my beauty above the earth
Like the torch of all light

Guillaume Apollinaire (1880 - 1918) France
Translator not stated
Source: Poemhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.