Venice masks

Friday 5 April 2019

64 - Bruce Levitan

So, when the alarm bell rang, insistently calling to me
I awoke to the bright morning sunlight piercing the curtain:
X-rays of the pattern picked out so that I could see
The individual flowers and birds illuminated - like a fountain
Yin-yang, the bright reverse of what they really are meant to be.

Fortunately I had climbed up that fanciful mountain
Once so high and formidable, but now reduced (in my mind’s eye) -
Unreal really, but seeming like certainty, or maybe the uncertain
Remains of my dream were overshadowing the sunlit expectancy.

Bruce Levitan (born 1955) England (born: Kenya)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.