Venice masks

Sunday 20 January 2019

A Flower - Ardakh Nurgaz

I planted a flower, to offer to the sun
The burning sun
Very bright
Always accompanying loneliness
Darkness flying away, like birds

Drinking the brilliance of the sun to my heart’s content
I feel my heart is beating violently
Tightening, and loosening up
Like a candle, just lit

Flowers of waves rushing to the other shore

The sun offered to the flower
Its own never-fading colours
My heart also opens, the way the petal of a flower does
Vividly fresh, like a drop of blood

Ardakh Nurgaz (born 1972) Kazakhstan
Translated by Ouyang Yu
Source: Cordite Poetry Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.