Venice masks

Friday 26 January 2018

If I were a little bird - Saacha Dorji

If I were a little bird,
How glad I would be,
To fly at will everywhere;
As far as the eye can see,
I’d fly.

If I were a little bird,
I’d lie amidst tender flowers,
And not deign to touch the land:
Happily spend my hours,
Would I!

If I were a little bird,
I’d wander far and wide.
Even up to the sun, aye,
Even though I melt and die,
Still my soul will fly
And I would stay on high.

Saacha Dorji (born 1982) Bhutan
Source: VoicesNet.com
Saacha's blog is Darling, be Daring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.