Venice masks

Thursday 30 March 2017

The Moon and Spring - Teresa Colom

we don’t write about death only about life

the dead do not write

just as the chicken that's now in the pot

didn't know the recipe

line after line I write about life

I could do the same about the moon or birds or spring

but with the ground the sky and the days to come I make a box

and when the birds, the spring or pleasures

manage to distract me

poets’ muse though they may be

I choose not to write

Teresa Colom (born 1973) Andorra
Translated by Anna Crowe
Source: Scottish Poetry Library

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.